As you guys know... I have been on a quest this year to use up and fill in all the beautiful but ignored notebooks I have in my possession! Let me tell you, there are plenty. I've already begun to revive a few and I found the perfect use for one in particular that I know cannot find... annoying or what. Ok.. so on with the list!! If you have any ideas... I will surely add them to this list with a link to your blog or whatever profile you like ^_^ Please click images for original links.
|Image from Art is fun|
1. A Little notebook would be great for goals... writing, keeping tracking.
This cute daisy love notebook is by The First Lime
2. A Blog Log - A place to store your ideas... inspiration.. plans and a 'to blog' list.
This happy trio of notebooks is from dottie angel! I own these but have no plans just yet! Perhaps somewhere to record quotes or phrases I want to stitch dottie style.
3. A Quotes Journal - to record all of your favourite quotes..I would do a quote a page and perhaps try to do it in some funkyish writing if you can?
4. Favourite Recipes book - I think many people will have one of these. I certainly did.
|Image and download from Sew Weekly|
5. Fabric Swatches is a great idea!! This was previously available as a free download but it hasn't worked for me at all over the past year I have tried to download.
little ideas notebook from the first lime
6. Yarn Stash Catalogue - I have one of these too!
7. Seasonal Art Journals - Would be a great idea if you have notebooks or journals in similar sizes you would want to use.
Notebook from wows
8. A sketchbook/notebook purely for doodles and drawing. Im going to fill in the rest of my 2011 sketchbook with 2012 drawings and doodles for classes I've started ^_^
(This image and the following are amazing and inspiring from The Notebook doodles) Click each image for the blog link
9. A 'To Do' Daily notebook.. when you have done your tasks just tick them off. You could lay it out very pretty like I did with a little a7 handbag sized notebook last year with little boxes on every line to tick. I also wrote the day and date on top of every page. Whatever I didn't get done transferred to the next day.
10. Typography Practice - This one I am doing! I had a large (a4) size grid paper notebook from Pip Studio that Ive started to use for handwriting practice. I just googled some ways to improve my handwriting and Ive also signed up to Letter Lab class with Lorie Vliegen. So I hope that I have lovely handwriting very soon!
11. An Inspiration Journal - somewhere for you jam in all your magazine tear outs, random doodles, words you think about.
12. A Gratitude journal - this is a great idea actually. For days that aren't too fantastic it's a good idea to list 5 things at the end of the day that you are grateful for, so you will end your day on a slightly positive note. I do this mentally. I could try to keep one but I am RUBBISH at keeping up with things like that. I started an actual journal in november and lasted two weeks haha.
13. A book of brainstorming! My idea was that each page would be a brain storm page. Like that shown above. I don't suggest you have a journal or notebook for every single topic but more to inspire you to pick and choose which you prefer!
14. A Reading Log - books you have read, your personal rating, quotes or info you want to remember, words you want to look up in the dictionary etc. You could also have a section at the back for books you want to read.
15. Journal Prompts log would be a great idea for a lined notebook. I do have to make one of these to store all the Kikki K Journal prompts they are offering this year!
16. Gardening Planner - In the process of one of these. Its more like my 'taking notes from the Edible garden' book and basically planning what to plant and buy and key info.
17. If you carve your own rubber stamps or use rubber stamps regularly - A rubber stamp log! I started carving rubber stamps just before christmas. I wasn't that great but practice is helping. I got a box of erasers (30 or 40) for about £3 on ebay so practising is easy enough to do and I am improving ^_^ Im also using a mini kraft moleskin but the paper isn't the best quality for stamp ink.
18. (any thoughts?!)
I personally have one notebook that I shared with you a few days ago, I have divided it up so that my blog planner, crafty planner and product ideas are all in there. So it fills up pretty much.
The very first image on this page was found on Pinterest but was linked to a random tumblr account with no direct link. I had kept the links I had to include in this but I've been searching for an hour now for the source of the goals brainstorm image and I can't. at all. If anyone finds it please let me know and il update this post with any more of your fab and lovely ideas!!
Washi Tape Graphic (Top image) from Pugly Pixel