To read the full disclosure policy please click here.
24 Amazing Storage Ideas That You Will Freakin’ Love!
Are your craft supplies taking over your craft room or creative space? Yeah mine too, and my room is kind of organised! Kind of. I’ve decided that it’s time to share some of the amazing storage ideas for the Craft Room and hopefully it will motivate me to tidy up. I desperately need to!
Related: The Heart Handmade Craft Room 2017
My craft room is coming down with craft supplies, and I love finding new ways to organise my favourite products.
The above image is of Leenah’s desk from Finding Nana; I love this lady! A pure talent and I’m very envious of her organising skills.
I’ve been trying to find this Ikea cabinet for ages, it’s no longer being made, and I wish it were!
First craft storage idea – Wall shelves and baskets
It’s gorgeous, and I love all of the baskets Leenah uses to organise her supplies. I had to get my hands on one of those Smiggle cases* (get 50% off when you spend £15 until March 7th!), and I LOVE it!
I had to share this little room because that stool almost matches my fabulous vintage chair that I found on Gumtree!
I love those little white drawers underneath the desk, and I thought the palette style wood on the wall with hooks was a great idea for hanging storage. Via this link.
Little drawer units (there are some great options on eBay)
This is my Samsonite case that I empty out and refill with whatever craft supplies I need for a project I am working. I got it on eBay for a flipping bargain price! ^_^
The pink one’s are to die for!
Vanity cases make great, travel-friendly craft storage!Click To Tweet
Aren’t Eva’s ideas beautiful? Her craft room is to die for! Visit the minty house blog
Wire Baskets make gorgeous storage for fabric.
I love this little box with her Heidi Swapp Sprays ^_^
This desk via Cotton Blue is fabulous!
Use Letter Racks!
Use the top of a dressing table (can be purchased separately)
I know this is a shop… but I thought the ribbon storage and fabric on bolts was a very inspiring way to display your fabric and ribbon stash. Via this link.
I love Maureen Mae’s craft room, and I love the consistency in the jars, i.e., not all mixed. Two set styles in this image and arranged in a rather lovely manner! Visit Maureen Mae’s Flickr page.
I really love how these Alex drawers have been put on a table to make them at a more manageable height! These geometric style custom drawer knobs are rather unique aren’t they! The little shelving units and lots of drawers are excellent and very necessary in any craft room. Via Marga Marina
Snapware storage bin via iHeartOrganizing is a great way of storing lots of craft supplies if you were wandering around the house and move your crafts from room to room. This would be perfect for me to organise my December daily art supplies.
This post was from me, using Cath Kidston Tupperware, washi tape and parcel tags for ribbons, trims and seam binding storage.
Get cute lunch boxes to use as storage for your ribbons!!
My ribbons in my little Cath Kidston lunch box from the 2012 range.
Another, deeper crate for storage. I must find myself some bottle crates to repurpose! via Heather Bullard
See my favourite Washi tape stores here. I love them because they’re affordable!
Related: The Craft Room Interview: Janna Werner
This is a marvellous custom built (by a family member) storage rack for all these tickets! Visit Janna’s blog to see all her lovely craft storage. There are more photos of her studio on her Instagram feed ^_^
The little tin buckets are a cute way to store tapes and small things; I’d love mine to be pastel coloured. Of course 😉
Barbara Picnic (amazing name) has a blog with an amazing name – The Picnic Basket; I love her organised counter. Initially, I thought these were spray painted vintage bread tins but they’re containers from the Land Of Nod.
I love it! It’s such a bright space, and I began organising all of my supplies in take out containers you can buy from the £/$ stores. Via Armelle Blog
Vintage Market baskets are great ideas for wallpaper storage!
I think I’m going to have to look for some bottle crates like this one.
From this rather varied and fabulous post, we have learned that:
- Children’s furniture can make excellent storage furniture! (Click here to see my Etsy Page full of amazing storage ideas for the craft room!)
- Pegboards and second-hand vintage furniture are unique statement furniture pieces for your Craft Room
- Drawer units can be organised and organised well!
- Vintage Vanity Cases can make beautiful storage for a craft room and can be useful for when you want to craft in front of the TV for a change 😉
- Wooden bottle boxes (old wine boxes) can be fabulous storage because of the dividers.
- Wire baskets are just adorable and can store anything
- Vintage jam jars are a beautiful style statement and can hold anything small!
- Lots of tiny tins and candle holders can do a similar job. Awesome for desk accessories; pegs, paperclips, etc.
- Small wooden boxes with dividers can do the same as the wine boxes. Great for sewing projects.
- Vanity Top Trays/organisers can become great storage for notebooks etc.
- Large Units can be customised as shelves or ribbon organiser wall units
- Picture ledges can be used for small items in spice jars
- Candy jars make beautiful storage and display
- Any furniture units can be modified with tabletop drawers
- Plastic storage has UPPED its game! Tiered storage that you can hide in a cupboard? Yes please
- Pretty Tupperware can be useful for ribbons and trims
- Tiered cupcake stands are great storage for washi tape and stamps etc.
- Little buckets can do the same job as the jars and tins above 😉
- Dowel rods in hooks for ticket rolls or ribbons are a great idea. Perhaps screwed into a shadow box.
- Bread/Loaf Tins/Divided tins can be useful desktop storage. A perfect ‘catchall’ for random desk stuff only organised.
- Tupperware, magazine files, dowel rods and hooks come together to make a beautiful cabinet!
- Vintage Market Trolleys Can Be Awesome wallpaper/gift wrap storage
- Fancy wire kitchen/bathroom organisers make pretty multi-purpose storage for the wall!
Do you have any amazing storage organisation ideas for me?
Tell me in the comments below!
Psssst! You might like my Craft Storage Ideas:
Follow Heart Handmade UK Craft and Decor Blogger ‘s board Craft Storage Ideas on Pinterest.