If you’ve been on this blog before, or even my Pinterest boards, you may already know how much I love lettering, beautiful penmanship and neat handwriting in general.
A few years ago I decided that my chicken scratch handwriting was ridiculous and I need to change it.
Perfectly Neat Handwriting That’ll Make You Green With Envy!
If you need to change your handwriting, check out my post all about changing your handwriting as a grown up!
Legible handwriting is important but it takes practice.
I stumbled into an internet black hole last week and discovered the penmanship thread on Reddit and imgur!
There are some unbelievable examples of beautiful, perfectly neat handwriting and I was SO impressed at how students are taking notes these days.
RainCookieArt and her insanely neat handwriting
1. These unbelievable notes were created by RainCookieArt on imgur, the handwriting/notes feed is incredible! If I had the internet like this when I was at school (social networks and all the sharing) I would have been awesome at studying! Leslie Knope’s lil sister.
2.Some beautiful handwriting! I’m so envious. Found via Imgur but no original source user could be found.
3. Another fabulous layout from RainCookieArt
Incredibly neat handwriting in print AND cursive
4. This handwriting… is unbelievable! I’m SO jealous of that Spencerian Script! I’m sharing a bigger image:
Seriously.. it’s amazing. Via Ellehcor (Rochelle) on Reddit
5. I’m not quite sure how to find users on Imgur but I loved this post, a beautiful Sylvia Plath poem copy practice.
Insanely neat handwriting done the RIGHT way – from the shoulder!
6. This whiteboard was up in a gym and the image ended up on Twitter! Via TomlinCuddle
My favourite example of super neat handwriting
7. I don’t normally like writing in bold ink but this is gorgeous! Via imgur.
8. This person has been accused of type writing notes in exams before! That’s crazy! The comments made me chuckle too 😉 via Reddit.
I realise this collage will be odd to navigate but I will go left to right. The numbers image is first up in the list.
9. These numbers are PERFECT! Mine… not so much. This was a screen grab from a TV show but I don’t know which one. If you know where it’s from, let me know and I will update the post right away!
10. These gorgeous notes and fabulous manicure were found on Imgur. The sample alphabet from the same lady is No.12.
11. Again, some rather excellent note taking via Reddit/Imgur.
12. A rather pretty alphabet by the same lady with the gorgeous red nails! Apparently, there were comments saying that her writing was a lot like the comic sans font but I don’t see it. Am I blind?
13. Another big whiteboard FULL of amazing writing. How was that done on a whiteboard?!
Beautifully neat handwriting that looks like a young person wrote it (am I handwriting analyst now?!)
14. I’m in love with pink and purple notes. Found on Imgur.
15. A gorgeous guide to taking pretty notes, with decoration and tips to help decorate your notes. (Sharing larger just below number 18) This fabulous post was created by Vestiblr on Tumblr. I’m definitely going to keep this guide handy. I might even print it out and stick it in my journal along with some info on how to colour code properly (I just go power mad with all the pretty pen colours and I KNOW I’m not alone in that. Right?)
If you want to see some rather hypnotic Gif’s of someone drawing the banners from this little guide check out this post on Tumblr.
A PERFECT Bullet Journal Layout!
16. ooh this is an AMAZING notebook planner. I have thought about doing this but to be honest, my energy and time is limited to the bajillion daily tasks that small business owners have to deal with and I don’t have the time to layout a planner like this. BUT it is fabulous and I’m certain it would be worth the effort. I already have a planner for this year (and next year and probably the year after that) This was created by Hayley Studies on Tumblr (Previously StudyRealStudy)
++An amazing DIY planner by Amanda Hawkins
The Bullet Journal Challenge:
18. This is another amazing Bullet journal (I’m seriously considering starting one! The only issue I have is time. They’re pretty time consuming, beautiful though.) Found when I was down that internet Reddit hole 😉
This Guide To Pretty Notes
Aren’t they fabulous? By Vestiblr on Tumblr.
19. These scientific notes look great. With a colour coded system that I’ve just learnt about I probably would have been a vet by now *sigh* (I’m kidding. I’m doing what I love. I’d probably not get much work done at the vet’s cuz I’d be petting all the animals!) These pretty perfect notes are from StudySoulMate on Tumblr.
20. I love these colour coded notes!
21. These notes have been highlighted using pastel highlighters ???? I’m going to have to buy some. I’ve seen some Pilot Frixion Erasable pens and highlighters and then the Zebra Mildliners. I’m going to have to do a little more research 🙂 Notes via StudySthetics on Tumblr.
22. I LOVE this Bullet Journal Legend! Via TaylorSwiftandTea on Tumblr.
23. These pretty, colourful notes are beautiful! By HelloMyDear on Tumblr.
24. This looks like cartoon writing! I love it 🙂 By Synse on Reddit.
25. How amazing does this cursive look?! It seriously puts mine to shame and I was pretty proud of mine until I saw this! And guess what… the photo was taken by a teacher who said one of her right-handed students wrote this cursive with her left hand. (I wish you could see my face now.) Bitter? Me? ahhhhm….. maybe? ????
How is your handwriting? I’d love to see it. Scratchy or neat.. I don’t care I want to see!! I’ll show you mine if you show me yours? You can see mine right here.
To view all the fantastic linky parties that I link up to, please click here.