11. Deep Clean Cutting Boards Using Salt and Lemons By AllKindsOfYumm
Cutting boards can get stanky. Especially in the slices that end up in your board. All you need is kosher salt and a lemon! The citrus and salt work their magic, remove all the gunk and grime AND disinfect the board. Perfect!
12. Pick Up Pet Hair From Carpet Easily Using A Carpet Rake
These carpet rakes are genius products! If you own a cat or dog and have carpets or a rug, then you need to get your hands on one of these genius products. There’s nothing worse than having a visitor leave your home and you realise how gross your carpet is. It’s mortifying!
13. Make Your Toaster Shine
The instructions are no longer available via ARealHousewife so I’m going to share my technique with you.
Get yourself a toothbrush, some baking soda, water and guess what? White vinegar! To buff it up, you will want to get one of these.
- Unplug the toaster.
- Remove any excess crumbs or dirt using soap and water.
- Then use the baking soda and water to make a paste and apply to your toaster.
- Use that toothbrush and start scrubbing! If there are particularly bad stains that won’t come off, you will want to place the toaster on its side and apply some white vinegar. Allow to sit for about 15 minutes and attempt to scrub off.
- Use a damp cloth with a little soap and clean the paste off.
- Make it shiny with a magic eraser.
14. Shine Your Fridge Using Mineral Oil Or Baby Oil
The same technique can be used for your fridge! You can use magic erasers to buff up the fridge but there’s a chance that you will go through them pretty quickly.
Using one of these cloths and mineral oil is an excellent way to make your fridge shine! Baby oil is a perfumed version of Mineral Oil and is a little more expensive.
If you buy mineral oil you can still use it as baby oil. Maybe save yourself a buck or two!
15. Deep Clean Your Oven From Cleverly Inspired
You might want to mix up another batch of that paste to clean your oven! Add a little dish soap and use a lemon to do your scrubbing.
16. Remove Oil Stains From Carpet
Grab yourself one of these bottles and grab the vinegar! If you have any stains on a carpet or a rug this cleaner works well. Since I use white vinegar for e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g, I can attest to how well it works. It’s magical. Obviously, white vinegar has got magical properties. It’s great for cleaning out your washing machine too but I digress.
You will need an iron like this to use the technique shared by DIYnCrafts & you can get full details over on the site.
17. Deep Clean Your Microwave
This has to be the laziest way to clean your microwave ever and it works like a charm! I’m certain that you can also use white vinegar for this. It’s not clear what magic has to happen for this to work but vinegar steam seems to be the key. Hot magic!
18. Clean Showerheads To Remove Limescale Build Up From GreenIdeasReview
White vinegar is also incredible to help you remove limescale. I make sure to add it to the drip tray in my parent’s refrigerator because limescale tends to build up quite a bit. Using a sandwich bag and cable tie full of vinegar and left overnight allows all the limescale scum to dissolve. In the morning you can use a toothbrush to make sure you get it all.
19. The Easy Way To Clean A Blender By AskSarah
Seriously… if you clean your blender any other way, you’re an eejit.
20. Spring Cleaning Hacked Infographic From Visualistan
Ok let’s recap your essential cleaning supplies list:
- White Vinegar
- Baking Soda
- Kosher Salt
- Dawn dish soap[
- Dish Cloths
Phew, what a list! It’s coming up to that time of year where we need to knuckle down and really start cleaning our homes, so saving time and effort is going to be high on the priorities list for sure. For even more cleaning and organization tips and help, be sure to get your hands on this incredible guide that has helped me so much this year!