How To Crochet A Flower For A Gorgeous Garland!
Crochet Flower Garland Pattern & Tutorial
Hi everyone, this is Jenn from Color ‘n Cream and this is my first contribution to the Craft Café. I’m very excited to share my crochet Flower Garland Tutorial with you. You will learn how to crochet a flower and turn it into this gorgeous, colourful mini garland that will uplift one’s spirit!
What you need:
That’s all. I like to use my scraps for these flowers. Because they are so small, you only need a little, and I have lots of scraps lying around. How about you?
So let’s get going. I hope you don’t mind, but I always make my tutorials in US terms.
- Make a magic circle, like shown in the pictures
- chain 1.
- This will be your first stitch.
- Make another nine single crochets (UK+double crochet) in the circle.
- Join as shown in the picture or use a slip stitch.
If you use a ss, you have to use it as a stitch in the next round.
- Change colour; it’s nice to use a contrasting colour.
- *Ch 1, three double crochet (UK= treble) into the next stitch. 1
- Sc (UK= dc) into the next stitch*.
- Repeat * to * 4 times,
- skip the last sc and join with a ss as shown in the pictures.
You’ve finished your first flower!! Isn’t it pretty?
Now finish off the loose ends.
It’s nice that there are so few right?!
Make as many flowers as you like to make a garland. For this mini garland, I use 10.
Then we make the garland.
- Ch 10, use the back loop of one of the middle dc’s (UK= tr) from one of the petals (see pic) and join the flower with a sc (UK= dc),
- *ch 20, join in the next flower*.
- Repeat * to * 9 times,
- then Ch 11, cut your yarn and pull it through.
I think this is a perfect project to keep summer alive!
Take your scraps with you to the beach, the park or your favourite (Craft) café and have some fun. I guarantee it will make you happy in an instant!
The garland is a perfect gift or can be used in all kinds of ways for your home. They can brighten up your coffee table, wall, or anything really.
Now you’ve learned how to crochet a flower and turn it into a rather glorious garland!
If you feel like you want to crochet, even more, check out the Free Patterns available here on Heart Handmade UK.
- For those of you who don’t crochet and are interested in the Flower Garlands, they are also for sale in the Color ‘n Cream Shop.
- P.S – You can view all of the Craft Cafe DIY projects here,
- you can view lots of inspiring DIY Projects in the Craft Category of this blog,
- you can also view all of Claire’s DIY projects here.