The Craft Cafe DIY – How To Recycle And DIY Decorative Storage Tin Can
I’m excited to have Regina from Molly Mel join us at the craft cafe! Regina joined us in December for the Christmas Tag Along and this is her second post for the craft cafe! I’m so excited to make my own version of Regina’s fabulous DIY decorative storage cans.
I’m Regina from Molly Mell.
It’s so good to be here today to share my first post for the Craft Café. I hope you’ll get inspired by it and have as much fun as I had making this easy and lovely DIY.
This is not my first DIY using tin cans, I’m always finding new ways to give them a new life. I believe re-using them is a great way to craft and recycle.
They have so many uses: to hold flowers, pencils, to store craft supplies, as containers to hold cotton balls and q-tips, just to name a few.
You Will Need:
- Spray Paint
- Washi tape
- Decorative Paper
- Glue Stick and hot glue gun
- Adhesive Embellishments
- Large beads for the lids
- Spray paint a can, inside and outside, according to the manufacture’s instructions, and let it dry. I gave mine two coats of paint.
- While the can dries, cut strips of the papers you want to use.
- Wrap the papers around the can and tape them with a pretty tape. I used fabric tapes. At this step you can use glue spray instead of tapes, but I like to have the option to change the papers from time to time.
- Start adding embellishments, trims, anything your creative soul comes up with to decorate your can. I added tapes, stickers, adhesive pearls.
For the lid:
- Spray paint both sides of a can lid, and let it dry.
- Spray paint the round wooden bead.
- Cut some paper shapes and glue them to the lid.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach the bead to the lid.
This is an inexpensive way to spruce up a room. Use what you have on hand to decorate your cans, like papers, tapes, laces, adhesive embellishments, buttons, fabric.
Let me know if you try it, I’d love to see how you decorate and recycle your tin cans.
P.S – You can view all of the Craft Cafe DIY projects here,
you can view lots of inspiring DIY Projects in the Craft Category of this blog,
you can also view all of Claire’s DIY projects here.