Seeking some inspiration for product packaging ideas your lovely Etsy shop handmade wares?
Well, look no further! I have plenty to share with you today.
Come and learn how to create packaging for your Etsy products and create an insanely high level of customer satisfaction and have them coming back for more, again and again!
There are no super secret tips, just helpful ideas with great artistic touches that can really make a difference when it comes to customer satisfaction.
Gorgeous Etsy Product Packaging Ideas To Delight Your Customers!
1. A beautifully wrapped package from Tara Anderson.
Tara used a garland to wrap around a white wrapped box and used a clothes peg to attach a little tag.
Tip #1 – Get creative with paper garlands and attach a business card!
You could easily write a small thank you on that label. Makes all the difference!
Tip #2 – Make use of patterned paper and adhesive labels/stickers!
Tip #3 – Always write a thank you!
3. This little brown box is so beautifully wrapped using two strips of contrasting ribbon, one wider than the other to create a beautiful gift!
Wrapped by Oh, Hello Friend Blog
Tip #4 – If packaging is plain, use contrasting ribbon or paper (as ribbon) to create little visual stimuli.
4. A free printable for you all from the beautiful Ghirlanda Di Popcorn!
Four colours of polka dot printable gift wrap available here.
6. The Haber Dashing Shop previously known as The Gilded Bee created this lovely package to advertise embroidery floss for sale.
The three coloured tassels look fantastic!
Tip #5 – Make use of your products if possible. Use a simple material to use to create lovely decorations.
7.. This image was an advertisement for some fabric, the Etsy seller cuts it into a strip and used it instead of twine to package up a Kraft gift box.
Tip #6 – Make use of lovely fabric to create decorative elements on your package
8. Debee Ruiz (formerly Campos) has done it again with this incredible package for her shop Inspire Lovely.
Tip #7 – You can make use of scrapbook/journal embellishments for your packages
9. Emilie Jouet uploaded her lovely little gift boxes to Pinterest, and they’re fabulous.
Mini white gift boxes covered with contrasting washi tape on the body of the box and the lid and then tied up with colourful yarn and a perfect little pom-pom.
It might be a little tricky to send something like this.
I remember my first package from Tara Anderson and received in a gift bag tied with red yarn and the smallest, cutest red pom poms I had ever seen.
So trying something on a smaller scale could be worth considering.
Tip #8 – You can mix up your materials; fabric, paper, yarn and twines to create flowers or ribbons to embellish.
10. Tamaar, who owns the beautiful shop Nest Pretty Things, uses Moo cards as little gift tags on her jewellery packaging.
Tamaar used photographs of vintage sheets she owns to create the gorgeous little tag you see in the image above.
Tip #9 – Embrace flat things! For posting; you can embellish plenty with pattern paper and fabrics or pictures of patterns!
11. This little wrapping tip is so simple!! By using several strands of different coloured baker’s twine; tying them in a standard knot and trimming the ends (so they’re all even), the Twinery Blog did a fantastic job in using a rainbow of coloured twine!
Tip #10 – Keep It Simple!
12. A beautiful kraft gift box; tied up using twine and topped with a faux flower.
A lovely touch. This is from The Savvy Photographer blog and the box held wedding photographs. (Again, simple!)
13. Tara Anderson had this beautiful package for sale in her shop Citron Faire at Christmas, I bought the contents and received the lovely packaging!
I adore the tag; a piece of little fabric stapled to a mini shipping/parcel tag and the contents typed on a vintage typewriter.
The flowers themselves were in this little white glassine bag shown above.
Keep it flat and straightforward!
14. This is another image from Tamaar, who owns the beautiful shop Nest Pretty Things, the one who uses Moo cards as little gift tags from number 10.
I thought of another option! Instead of using them as little business cards you could also create postcards to include with your packages.
I love getting a great patterned note with packages, I use them as backgrounds for photos in frames or in my journals, or just on my inspiration wall!
15. Amy from Nana Co. made the most beautiful tags!
Finally, stitching a fabric label with her logo on it.
Very effective huh?
Tip #11 – Embellish tags, not packages. It’s easier to keep parcel tags flat with embellishments as it’s easy to get carried away on a large package. That way, you can still keep it simple.
16. Pretty Things Inside Packaging Tape is terribly quaint and perfect for packaging boxes or envelopes for the mail!
Tip #12 – Use patterned washi tape!
17. Sugar and Cloth wrapped a box with kraft paper, a beautifully patterned gift tag and topped using silk flowers.
18. Holly Becker of Decor8 held a class in Anthropologie in Berlin back in 2011, and this image of the white gift box, adorned with lots of washi tape, a glitter tag and big fabric bow was one of the highlights.
Tip #13 – Forget simple! Depending on your type of product/store, if it’s a friend or a first-time customer, you can go crazy!
19. Leslie of A Creative Mint is a guest poster on Holly Beckers blog Decor8 with her Colour Stories
Tip #14 – Use coloured pens to decorate boxes!
20. And finally for the collage photographs!
Here we have the wonderful Anna of Facil y Sencillo who wrapped a kraft gift box with fabric ribbon, lace and sequin trim in layers.
A gorgeous touch!
Tip #15 – Embrace Lace!
21. and if you decide just to wrap your packages in Kraft paper you could top them with a lovely label!
This is an excellent tutorial from Everyday is a Holiday for DIY Journaling spots and Gift Tags, perfect for Etsy and Folksy packaging!
Tip #16– Make your own labels!
I hope this post was useful for you and you managed to pick up a few tips and ideas on how to parcel up your beautiful shop packages ^_^
You Might Enjoy The Happy Mail Pinterest Board
Or the Gorgeous Packaging Board
Follow Heart Handmade UK Craft and Decor Blogger ‘s board Gorgeous Packaging and Gift Wrap on Pinterest.
I do hope you got some value from this post and the product packaging ideas hit the spot! You are well on your way to sending gorgeous packages your buyers will LOVE!
Lots of love from me,
To view all the fantastic linky parties that I link up to, please click here.