How To Decoupage With Napkins
I’m a thrifty soul, so when I discovered that Americana had released a DecouPage glue for use with napkins, I just knew that I had to show you how to decoupage with napkins!
Welcome to another edition of The Craft Cafe!
If you’ve been on this blog before, you may already know that I adore the brand Greengate of Denmark….
Unfortunately, the products can be expensive.
The white abelone tray (I have been unable to find any for sale at present), it cost €44!
That’s a crazy amount of money to spend on a tray.
As soon as I saw the Greengate tray I wanted it, even knowing the price. It was just so beautiful.
I put it to the back of my mind until I saw the Romantisk tray on sale in Ikea for £7.
I spent £7 in total for this project and managed to save myself approximately £25. Not too shabby huh?
The Supplies You will need:
- Romantisk Tray
- Floral Napkins with large motif in centre (I usually buy floral branded napkins from Amazon that are sold by individual napkins or in sets of 4 etc.)
- Gold Marker/Paint
- Painters tape
- Sharp Scissors
- Deco Art Napkin decoupage glue
- Paint Brush
- Sharp scissors
- Something to clean the tray (I use rubbing alcohol to clean almost everything!)
- Nail Varnish Remover (incase you make any mistakes with an oil based paint marker, just like I did)
How to decoupage with napkins:
1.Clean your tray thoroughly.
2.Use painters tape or washi tape to make sure you keep the gold lines straight on your trim.
3.Get painting and allow to dry. The marker I used created a mottled effect when it dried so I went over with a metallic paint from Deco Art/Americana.
4. Use sharp scissors to cut the flower out carefully.
5. Separate the napkin layers so you use only the top layer of the 3 ply napkin.
6. Use decoupage glue to adhere your motif to the centre of the tray!
Allow to dry and enjoy.
I absolutely love my tray! It was so simple.
I do realise that I should have added some smaller flowers towards the handles but I like how it looks.
Have you thought of anything that you are going to make with napkins? Have you found any beautiful napkins you could use?
To view all the fantastic linky parties that I link up too, please click here.
You might end up falling in love with everything on my Greengate DK Pinterest Board: