To read the full disclosure policy please click here.
How To Make Fabulous Bendy Flowers For LOADS Of Crafty Projects!
The beautiful project being featured today was created by long-time friend of this blog Ayda Algin (cafenohut) for Handmade Happy Magazine, the free craft magazine that you can download right here on the blog!
We have had so many incredible contributors over the years and I’m so excited to continue The Craft Cafe!
If you would like to become a regular contributor to The Craft Cafe, please send an e-mail with your proposed projects or images of photos already created to submissions at heart handmade dot co dot uk.
Now on with the tutorial!
What you need: (you can view the shopping list over on etsy!)
- Various fabrics
- Fabric bond (applique glue)
- Brush for glue
- Fine wire
- Download and print the template!
The How To:
- Choose your favourite patterned fabrics
- Cut out the number of flowers and leaves needed as indicated on the templates in your chosen fabric.
- Choose two large flower petals, this will be the bottom layer of the flower.
- Apply the fabric bond (applique glue) all over the fabric flower petals and then put a fine wire (as you see image) between the fabric petals.
- Repeat the same process for the leaves.
- You don’t need to put wire between smaller flower petals. Just enough to fix two flower petals with glue.
- Wait for a while for the petals and leaves to dry out.
- Now it’s time to bring together all flower petals and leaves.
- What you use for the centres of the flowers can be pretty much anything from loose beads to lonely buttons or even a small earring. For this project I used buttons.
You can make many different sizes of fabric flowers and use them in loads of projects!
What you can use these fabulous bendy flowers for:
- Gift toppers
- As a napkin ring
- Wedding table settings or as favours
- Garlands for your home
- Chair decorations
- Or, make giant ones as wall art!
If you want to download the craft magazines, please head over here!
If you would like to be considered as a contributor to the Heart Handmade UK Pinterest boards, please view these guidelines and send an e-mail over when you’re ready ^-^
You can see all of the Craft Cafe DIY projects here,
See lots of inspiring DIY Projects in the Craft Category of this blog,
View even more projects from the Craft magazines.
Download the magazines here (sign up to get the password sent to your e-mail!)
View all of Claire’s DIY projects here.
Are you going to make these no-sew fabric flowers?
What are you going to use them for?
I really want to know! Suggestions on a postcard please :p ok, suggestions in the comments, please!
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”