To read the full disclosure policy please click here.
How To Use Trello & Organise Your Entire Life!
Trello is amazing. Today I am going to teach you the basics and how to use Trello.
This in turn, will mean that you can create different boards for each member of your family or each aspect of your college life, even to organise a Christmas gift idea list. I will provide a few more examples later on but the possibilities are endless.
What you need to know about Trello.
Boards -The Board is where everything happens.It represents a project or an idea or it can be the title of a collaborative project. You can use boards for anything. Whether you are redesigning your home (as I am) or organising your blog posts, a Trello board is the place to organize your tasks on separate lists and collaborate with anyone you like!
- Lists – Lists keep cards organized. They’re basically the columns. You store cards on lists. They can be used to store cards (tasks/subject) and cards can be moved or copied across lists from beginning to end of the development process. I.e, To Do, Doing, Done.
- Cards – Cards are used to represent tasks and ideas. There is no limit to the amount of cards you can add to a board. You can move cards across boards and archive them when you’ve completed your tasks or the information is no longer relevant.
Register & Play
In this board, you will see pre set-up lists and cards.
Trello features I LOVE:
- The calendars
- The due dates
- The attachments
- The checklists
- The advanced photo options under Trello gold
- Multiple board users
Here are a few ideas you can use:
- A content marketing calendar for your blog
- meal planning
- Family calendars
- Keeping track of personal and/or bulsiness goals
- Planning a home makeover
- Your actual calendar
- Planning an amazing party
- Planning your amazing blog posts
To enable your board’s calendar simply go to your board’s sidebar – ‘show menu’ link, click the “Power-Ups” button, find the Calendar Power-Up and click “Enable.”
Now find the new “Calendar” link at the top of your board and click.
Then you can close the menu and switch between cards or calendar view by clicking the ‘calendar’ link in the top right hand corner.
There is an excellent article with really helpful gifs on the Trello blog.
- Due in the future
- You have 24 hours
- Due – you have 24 hours
- Past due
Advanced photo options with Trello gold:
Multiple board users:
To view all the fantastic linky parties that I link up too, please click here.