How To Make Super Simple Tassel Napkins For The Best Dinner Party Ever!
This is my second post in here for The Craft Cafe. Maybe you can remember my first post teaching you how to decoupage Easter eggs.
I love table settings, I’m always trying to make pretty table settings, even if I’m alone.
Luckily, it’s is not a very difficult thing to do, sometimes it can be enough a branch of flowers, a pretty napkin or a nice tablecloth…
I think, for a beautiful table setting, one of the most important things is a stylish napkin. I want to share a simple napkin idea with you today.
As seen in the pictures, making it is quite simple.
Let’s look at what you need for this project;
- I sewed a new napkin for this project but if you want, you can use your existing napkins.
- If you want to have new one first, you should cut about 14″ x 14″ size in plain or patterned fabric.
- Place your fabric and press under the edges about a 1/4″ twice.
- Make sure to hide all those raw edges.
- At the corners, just fold over one edge over the other and secure it with a pin.
- After all the edges are pressed, top stitch nice and straight and close to the folded edge. Trim your threads and there you have it!
- I’m sure that you already know how to make a tassel. If not you can see a tutorial here.
- I used a few different colours of embroidery floss for mini tassels and binding some tassels with silver thread for giving a stylish look!
- And finally, I sewed all tassels around the napkin with fine sewing thread.
If you loved this project, don’t forget it to share!
I love this project so much and I hope you also like it…
See you the next Craft Cafe post.
I wish all of you have an amazing weekend