As a nature lover, plants and flowers always inspire most of my work. Which is exactly why I’ve decided to teach you how to make 3D Paper Leaves Wall Art! I have fallen in love with the beautiful shades of the seasons and I would like to reproduce something like a rug of leaves that you can put on the wall!
The Craft Cafe – 3D Paper Leaves Wall Art DIY
It’s a little project to make a little art 3D to decorate your favorite room, but I didn’t want to have a realistic effect, so I chose a pretty color of cardboard and some decorated paper. Now I show you how it’s made!
- Start drawing one leaf and use it as a template for drawing all the other leaves.
- Cut a lot of leaves!
- Then fold them in half to do the 3D effect.
- Add a drop of glue on the lower end of the leaves. Start from bottom left and proceed slightly overlapping the leaves.
- You can choose to glue them in a regular order (ex. only in diagonal), or in a random order, as I have done.
- Alternate coloured leaves with some with patterned versions.
- Continue until the canvas is full of leaves.
Hot Glue Gun
Designer Paper Pad
Fiskars 190520-1001 Titanium Micro-Tip Easy Action Scissors, 5 Inch, Orange
Best Value Canvases
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Your 3D canvas is ready to hang!
Mine is hung in my craft room, and probably when I will have much time I would like to make a bigger canvas of paper leaves (a kind of backdrop) because I love this surface. And you, what do you think about? I hope you enjoy it!
Happy crafting and see you at the next appointment of Craft Cafe!
oh! and P.S – You can view all of the Craft Cafe DIY projects here,
you can view lots of inspiring DIY Projects in the Craft Category of this blog,
And you can also view all of Claire’s DIY projects here.