As a nature lover, plants and flowers always inspire most of my work. Which is exactly why I’ve decided to teach you how to make 3D Paper Leaves Wall Art! I have fallen in love with the beautiful shades of the seasons and I would like to reproduce something like a rug of leaves that you can put on the wall!
The Craft Cafe – 3D Paper Leaves Wall Art DIY
It’s a little project to make a little art 3D to decorate your favorite room, but I didn’t want to have a realistic effect, so I chose a pretty color of cardboard and some decorated paper. Now I show you how it’s made!
Make this insanely simple paper wall art tutorial when you're bored! Grab the template below and gather your supplies to get started!
- Use a piece of sturdy card to make a template. Start drawing one leaf and use it for drawing all the other leaves.
- Cut a lot of leaves and be sure that it's enough to cover the entire canvas. Be sure to mix up between solid colours and patterned scrapbook paper.
- Then fold them in half achieve the 3D effect. If you don't own a bone folder, you could use the back of a knife to ensure a crisp crease.
- When you know how you are going to compose your canvas, add a drop of glue on the lower end of the leaves. Start from bottom left and proceed in layers, always slightly overlapping the leaves.
- You can choose to glue the leaves in layers of straight lines or even diagonally or you can arrange them randomly, as I have done.
- Alternate coloured leaves with some with patterned versions using pretty scrapbook paper.
- Continue arranging and glueing leaves until the canvas is full and you love your brand new wall art!
- If you're ready to hang it up on the wall, be sure to attach using 3m Command Hooks for really easy removal.
Mine is hung in my craft room, and probably when I will have much time I would like to make a bigger canvas of paper leaves (a kind of backdrop) because I love this surface. And you, what do you think about? I hope you enjoy it!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Your 3D canvas is ready to hang!
Happy crafting and see you at the next appointment of Craft Cafe!
oh! and P.S – You can view all of the Craft Cafe DIY projects here,
you can view lots of inspiring DIY Projects in the Craft Category of this blog,
And you can also view all of Claire’s DIY projects here.