3 Fabulous Crafts To Improve Your DIY Party This Summer
Everyone knows that if you want to be a crafter you need unlimited resources and all the skill in the world, right? Nope! Super quick craft projects are my favourite types of projects. Low investment and high return. Not to mention, beautiful colours. Check out these three super simple crafts to up your DIY party game this summer!
1. Painted Coasters – by Claire | Heart Handmade UK
You will need:
- Wooden disc wooden coaster blank.
- deco art chalk paint or craft paint (if you use craft paint then use gesso as a primer).
- Paint Brush Set Acrylic Xpassion 10pcs Professional Paint Brushes Artist for Watercolor Oil Acrylic Painting(Royal Langnickel brushes have pastel handles).
- Liquitex Professional Gloss Varnish, 8-oz.
- Self-Stick 1-Inch Furniture Round Felt Pads for Hard Surfaces, Oatmeal, 48-Piece.
1. Apply a layer of gesso or chalk paint as a background and allow to dry.
2. Use a small paint brush to paint details on the coasters. Allow to dry between coats, so the colours don’t mix into a brown mess.
3. Add four small felt pads (imagine you are looking at a clock face, I added my pads to where the numbers 12, 3, 6 & 9 would be).
4. You can always varnish the coasters, so they have some protection against spills.
2. Painted Placemats – By Sibel | Turuncuoda blog,
You will need:
- Round wooden placemats ( you can use your old furniture).
- Acrylic paints.
- Brush (I recommend using a soft brush).
- Painters tape (try eBay).
1. Use some painter’s tape to make triangle shapes around the outside of the placemat.
SMART TIP #:
If you don’t want to use triangles, you can always use ring binding protector stickers/hole reinforcements like these one’s I found on eBay, to create a polka dot pattern all over the place.
2. The most important step is to be patient.
3. You should wait for every section to dry after painting you can use a hair dryer to speed this process up a bit.
I love these placemats so much and thanks to the super talented Sibel from Turuncuoda for sharing them with me!
3. Swizzle Sticks -By Ayda Algin from Cafenohut
You will need:
- dowel rods.
- Cute Stamps or scrapbook embellishments_. (If you can’t find cute stamps you can buy a Fiskars Postage Stamp Squeeze Punch, Large)
- UHU Stic Permanent Clear Application Glue Stick, 0.29 oz, 12 Sticks per Pack (99450).
This is a very simple and popular craft idea & there is only really one step.
Just stick some pretty stamps to the top of dowel rods and use as swizzle sticks at your party.
Simple as that! I hope you enjoyed these three fabulous crafts that will bring a little crafty class to your summer DIY Party!
Are there any super simple crafts that you would add to my DIY party?
Download the Craft Magazines bundle!
Get The Mags To Your Inbox!
I’d be thrilled if you’d like to connect with me!
I use Grammarly – The World’s Best Automated Proofreader
To view all the fantastic linky parties that I link up too, please click here.