To read the full disclosure policy please click here.
How To Transform A Glass Door With A Stencil!
I discovered a fabulous Etsy store called StenCilit. The big stencils are fabulous! I chose two: a mandala and the repeating pattern that I used in this project. BTW you can get cashback from Topcashback when you shop on Etsy – it’s 2.1% on your purchase. To find out more about Topcashback you can read here.
You will need:
- Chalk Marker (Not shown)
- Pink Toolbox (Not really necessary but it’s awesome right?! Best birthday gift ever)
- Masking tape or temporary spray adhesive
- measuring tape
- flocked foam roller
- Window/Glass paint or for a temporary job – Chalk Paint (I used chalk)
- a small paint tray
- a roller
- scraping tool (for removing chalk paint)
Choosing between Masking Tape and Spray Adhesive?
A little bit of info before we begin
I am in a brand new house and my back yard/deck needs some attention. It’s a blank canvas at the moment and this is the first step in beautifying!
1. Clean the window. You will be angry if you’ve almost finished and realised there’s a weird streak down one side. Maybe it happened in this project, maybe it didn’t.
It’s best to layer the paint.
After you pick up the paint, gather some old newspapers or a canvas and use the roller on it first. That makes sure the paint layer is even.
After your stencilling project, your paint palette, stencils and brushes can all be cleaned with soap and warm water, ready to be used again!
Where was the last thing you stencilled?
To view all the fantastic linky parties that I link up too, please click here.