To read the full disclosure policy please click here.
How To Make A Wooden Heart Garland At The Craft Cafe
A very talented lady indeed 🙂
I seem to have a thing for garlands….I could have bigger problems I suppose! Today I want to share with you this cute Craft Cafe DIY for a wooden heart garland.
You will need:
- Wooden Heart Pieces with thread holes (you can view this shopping list on etsy)
- Acrylic paint
- Mod Podge
- Bakers Twine
- Start by painting your wooden hearts with the acrylic paint. I did 3 coats of each colour.
- You can make it really bright if you aren’t keen on the colours I’ve chosen.
- Leave the hearts to dry.
- Paint each heart with a layer of Mod Podge. This will give your wooden hearts a glossy finish and will make it more durable.
- Tie a small piece of bakers twine around the heart using the pre-made hole to thread through. Cut the ends of the twine and ensure the knot is at the back.
- Take a long length of bakers twine and thread through the back of the twine loops – I used a darning needle to make this really easy.
- Arrange your wooden hearts along the twine length and hang your garland!
Super simple eh?!