If you’ve been here before, you may already know how much I love neat handwriting, lettering, beautiful penmanship and handwriting styles in general. A few years ago I decided that my chicken scratch handwriting was ridiculous and I need to change it and then had to learn how to write all over again after suffering a dislocated shoulder.
Thankfully, my handwriting and hand lettering became SO fabulous, I was a published hand lettering artist within 6 months! The book is this Creative Handlettering For Kids book.
Now, I’m sharing the amazing neat handwriting styles that helped me develop my own style.
Neat Handwriting Styles That’ll Make You Green With Envy!
If you need to change your handwriting, check out my epic guide all about changing your handwriting as a grown up! Don’t forget to download your free handwriting worksheets while you’re there.
Legible handwriting is important but it takes practice.
I stumbled into an internet black hole last week and discovered the penmanship thread on Reddit and imgur. There are some unbelievable examples of swoon-worthy handwriting styles and I was SO impressed at how students are taking notes these days.
1. These unbelievable notes were created by RainCookieArt on imgur, the handwriting/notes feed is incredible! If I had the internet like this when I was at school (social networks and all the sharing) I would have been awesome at studying! Leslie Knope’s lil sister.
2.Some unbelievable handwriting! I’m so envious. Found via Imgur but no original source user could be found.
3. Another fabulous layout from RainCookieArt! That girl has some fine motor skills. When it comes to creating beautiful cursive writing you really need to practice loops, shoulder exercises and practice writing.
Incredibly neat handwriting styles in print AND Cursive
4. This handwriting style… is unbelievable! I’m SO jealous of that Spencerian Script! I’m sharing a bigger image:
5. I’m not quite sure how to find users on Imgur but I loved this post, a Sylvia Plath poem copy practice.
Gorgeous handwriting the RIGHT way – from the shoulder!
6. This whiteboard was up in a gym and the image ended up on Twitter. Being able to write individual letters like that from the shoulder takes a lot of practice. To do it neatly at least. Don’t forget about good posture when you’re writing or lettering on walls.
Want to paint a whiteboard wall so that you can hand-letter all day long and then remove it whenever you like?! Check out this video: How To Paint A Whiteboard Wall | Hand Lettering Mural Space!
My favourite example of the superb handwriting styles
7. I don’t normally like writing in bold ink but this truly is beautiful handwriting. I’m always impressed with people who can write neatly. I can have neat handwriting but if I’m overly tired (due to medical issues) my handwriting ends up being a scrawl.
8. This person has been accused of type writing notes in exams before! That’s crazy! The comments made me chuckle too 😉 via Reddit.
I realise this collage will be odd to navigate but I will go left to right. The numbers image is first up in the list.
9. These numbers are PERFECT! Mine… not so much. This was a screengrab from a TV show but I don’t know which one. If you know where it’s from, let me know and I will update the post right away!
10. These gorgeous notes and fabulous manicure were found on Imgur. The sample alphabet from the same lady is No.12.
11. Again, some rather excellent note taking via Reddit/Imgur.
12. A rather pretty alphabet by the same lady with the gorgeous red nails! Apparently, there were comments saying that her writing was a lot like the comic sans font but I don’t see it. Am I blind?
13. Another big whiteboard FULL of amazing writing. How was that done on a whiteboard?!
14. A Beautifully neat handwriting style that look like a young persons notes (am I handwriting analyst now?!) I’m in love with pink and purple notes. Found on Imgur.
15. A gorgeous guide to taking pretty notes, with decoration and tips to help decorate your notes. (Sharing larger just below number 18) This fabulous post was created by Vestiblr on Tumblr. I’m definitely going to keep this guide handy. I might even print it out and stick it in my journal along with some info on how to use colour to organize notes and thoughts (I just go power-mad with all the pretty pen colours and I KNOW I’m not alone in that. Right?)
If you want to see some rather hypnotic Gif’s of someone drawing the banners from this little guide check out this post on Tumblr.
A PERFECT Bujo Layout!
16. ooh this is an AMAZING notebook planner. I have thought about doing this but to be honest, my energy and time is limited to the bajillion daily tasks that small business owners have to deal with and I don’t have the time to layout a planner like this. BUT it is fabulous and I’m certain it would be worth the effort. I already have a planner for this year (and next year and probably the year after that) This was created by Hayley Studies on Tumblr (Previously StudyRealStudy)
++An amazing DIY planner by Amanda Hawkins
A Bujo Challenge:
17. The July Bullet Journal challenge, Decade Thirty is my new favourite blog. Her handwriting is PERFECTION!!
18. This is another amazing Bujo (I’m seriously considering starting one! The only issue I have is time. They’re pretty time consuming, beautiful though.) Found when I was down that internet Reddit hole 😉
This Guide To Prettifying Notes
Aren’t they fabulous? By Vestiblr on Tumblr.
19. These scientific notes look great. With a colour coding system that I’ve just learnt about I probably would have been a vet by now *sigh* (jk, I’m doing what I love. I’d probably not get much work done at the vet’s cuz I’d be petting all the animals.) These pretty perfect notes are from StudySoulMate on Tumblr.
20. I love these colour-coded notes!
21. These notes have been highlighted using pastel highlighters ???? I’m going to have to buy some. I’ve seen some Pilot Frixion Erasable pens and highlighters and then the Zebra Mildliners. I’m going to have to do a little more research 🙂 Notes via StudySthetics on Tumblr.
22. I LOVE this Journal Legend! Via TaylorSwiftandTea on Tumblr.
23. These pretty, colourful notes are beautiful! By HelloMyDear on Tumblr.
24. This looks like cartoon writing! I love it 🙂 By Synse on Reddit.
25. How amazing does this cursive handwriting look?! It seriously puts mine to shame and I was pretty proud of mine until I saw this! And guess what… the photo was taken by a teacher who said one of her right-handed students wrote this cursive handwriting with her left hand. (I wish you could see my face now.) Bitter? Me? ahhhhm….. maybe? ????