Do you want to know how to design your own phone case to sell in your dropshipping store? Even if you’re not into eCommerce, you can create your own phone case so easily nowadays. Everything you need is available for you at your fingertips!
To start making your own phone case there are a few things you should know first, so I’ve sprinkled this little tutorial with the best advice I could find about printing on TPU (the stuff your case will made from).
How To Design Your Own Phone Case To Add To Your Dropshipping Biz!
- Durability – it seems quite obvious but of course, phone design should be durable because you use it constantly. Well, most people do.
- Fashion and style – custom phone cases should be stylish or even personalized. You can design cases that fit lots of these categories to increase sales.
- Practical fashion—a more budget-friendly version of a designer phone case
- Basic protection – don’t really care about the other options and don’t care about getting phone cases personalized.
- Tech enthusiasts—design is less important than being high tech to these folks. They’re unlikely to just purchase skins for their phones and actually want cool elements included.
- If you’re here reading this, you definitely fall into the top two!
Phone cases are an absolute necessity for smartphone owners unless they are unbelievably careful. While people are motivated by different things when it comes to purchasing a case for their device, the bottom line is you still need a phone case. With that in mind, how are you going to design your own case?
How to make phone cases
Step 1: Choose the phone you want to create a case for. Depending on the print company you go with, the example I’ve chosen to use for this guide is a business called Printful. They offer cases for lots of different iPhone and Samsung models that you can order for yourself or in bulk if you want to start your own phone case business.
Galaxy Phone Case Sizes Available:
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Galaxy S7 Edge
- Samsung Galaxy S8/9/10
- Galaxy S8+/9+
- Samsung Galaxy S10+/10e
iPhone Case Sizes:
- Apple iPhone 6/6s and 6 Plus/6s Plus
- iPhone 7/8 and 7 Plus/8 Plus
- The X/XS, XS Max and XR models
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max
Step 2; The Final Product
Define your ideal case, what do you want this case to achieve? Do you want something bold and striking? Perhaps you just want to personalize a phone case or even an iPad? Think about the style of design you would like. Have a think about current trends; mermaids, llamas, unicorns, cactai etc. When in doubt, look at the novelty products available on somewhere like Amazon!
Some things to consider when you design a phone case:
- Customized phone cases don’t cover screens but they do offer protection against scratches.
- Unless stated so, phone cases you can get printed yourself are not indestructible.
- Transparent colours are not solid colours. They are not opaque.
- Don’t mix transparent and solid colours together. If you wear makeup, you’ll be familiar with a primer. When you choose solid colours for your case, a white primer is essentially used. When you choose transparent no primer is used.
- Download the templates provided by Printful to make sure your designs will fit on the phone case.
- Order samples if you aren’t sure how your finished phone case design will look.
Step 3; Requirements
Your designs must be 300dpi photo. You can create a design that size in a lot of apps if you are able to download a png file with a transparent background in sRGB. Photoshop is the industry standard so it’s great to use to design a photo for your own phone case.
Step 4; Don’t forget about the safe print area for text
Remember that there is a camera back there but don’t worry, you can check out these phone case specs and don’t forget to remove any guidelines before you save your image.
Step 5: Now it’s time to export your own custom phone case and upload for printing!
When ready, you will be able to see a mockup of your finished design to see whether or not it looks how you want it too. It’s a personalized phone case. It’s your design so you can change it if you want to.
Device Designing, Done
Now you’re ready to add to your shopping cart and commit to printing your cases. When you are happy, submit payment and you’re done!
You don’t just have to order a phone case with your design, you can also order products for other devices and even jewellery. Of course, the different devices will have different size specifications but you can have a lot of fun with your designs! Want some bold colour? Go bold! Customize your phone design to your heart’s content.