In my recent post, how to improve handwriting skills for adults that are left handed, I included some supplies that could help you improve your writing.
For this post, however, I decided to explore more products that could help a leftie and why they could contribute to improving their writing which could even help you get started hand lettering or learning calligraphy!
You don’t need special pens, but they can help. So, this post is, in fact, a mixture of paid and free handwriting resources.**
Having a bestie who is left handed, I’m well aware that spiral notebooks are the enemy of the leftie but if you don’t want to purchase particular grid notebooks, then you can just print the practice worksheets available here.
But, investing in notebooks that are suitable for lefties, could be a game changer with how productive you are at work or in school. The world is adapting to you!
Let’s get started!
Excellent Free Handwriting Resources For Lefties!
- Apart from my post, how to improve handwriting skills for adults that are left handed, I haven’t been able to find many guides that are specifically for adults. Please read on for pen guides and calligraphy help.
- Don’t forget to download the free practice worksheets.
- Hand Lettering As A Left-Hander, are you doomed?
- Fountain pen guides for lefties.
- Left-Handed Calligraphy Tips
- Advice from 5 left handed calligraphers
- Left handed calligraphy resources from the queen of Calligraphy, Julie Blanner
- Help with left-handed Calligraphy
I sincerely hope that the free resources provided here, help you towards a brand new hobby and confidence with your newly found handwriting skills.
If you’re left handed, download these guides[/wpsl_locker]
- Oxford Left-Handed Notepad A4 Lined 80 Sheets
- Proud Leftie: Blank Lined Journal
- Staufen Writing Pad A4 for Left-Handers Ruled with Border
- Lined Paper Workbook: Yellow With Narrow Black Lines
- Lined Paper Workbook: Left Handed – Slant Ruled Pens and Pencils:
Some pens are particularly well suited for left-handers, and in some cases were specifically designed for you.
Fountain pen: Nearly all Lamy fountain pens are available with left-handed nibs.
The revolutionary Yoropen:
has a little bend in the body of the pen acting as a finger support, which provides more space for you to view what you are writing.
Is an ergonomically designed rollerball that comes in special left and right handed versions. It has a unique grip zone ensures optimum writing position. You get three cartridges per pack, and each cartridge has brand new nib, which means no smudging. Woo!
Also available in a delightful turquoise colour.
Was designed to help Children how to learn to handwrite, it encourages the use of the ‘pincer grip’, the ideal optimal writing position. Which, could be very useful for lefties trying to get rid of the hook they create when writing at the moment.
“are a revolutionary design that incorporates a patented s -bend the “Swanneck”. This enables the writer to clearly view their written work. You’ll enjoy the Swanneck’s simple elegance and easy balance.”
Stabilo Easygraph Handwriting Pencils have little grooves built in to assist your grip and ensure it’s in perfect position.
You can even get Stabilo Easygraph colouring pencils.
Did you know there was a colouring book available for left handers?! How cool is that?!
Firesara Pencil Grips Silicone Ergonomic Writing Claw Aid are another pencil grip that has been specifically designed to stop left-handed writers creating a claw with their wrists while they write.
Using grips can help with that when used with any regularity. It can also help you grip the pen in the correct position to make handwriting easier and painless.
- Cursive writing help
- Left Hand Writing Skills is a book for children but starting at the very beginning could be what some people need. I had to do the very same after dislocating my shoulder and suffering nerve damage in my neck.
Calligraphy pens, sets and guides:
If you have any resources that are relevant to handwriting as a leftie, I would love to add them to the list. Please let me know in the comments below, or drop me an email by using the little box at the bottom of your screen.If you’re left handed, download these guides[/wpsl_locker]
I use Grammarly – The World’s Best Automated Proofreader
To view all the fantastic linky parties that I link up to, please click here.