Giant Yarn Pom Pom Wreath Kit
When it comes to giant yarn, we all know how expensive it is! I’ve discovered the true joys of making giant yarn projects without having to spend hundreds on yarn.
This post is showing you the process of making the Pom Pom Wreath Kit, how it’s packaged and how easy it is to complete. If you have any friends who are creative, enjoy DIY or home decor, it would be an excellent budget-friendly gift idea for Christmas! Honestly, I couldn’t quite believe how cheap it was at £13.95.
Please note that I was sent this kit, but I did choose it from the online store. My criteria for selecting a product to review is; whether or not is good value for money on the surface, is there a process to go through before the end result and the result itself.
In this case, the heart-shaped Pom Pom wreath kit can be displayed, or given as a gift all year round. When the colder months roll around, having chunky knitted blankets and lots of giant yarn on display is perfect for getting that cozy feeling!
The Giant Yarn Pom Pom Wreath Kit From Woolly Mahoosive
I got this kit a couple of weeks ago and immediately I got so excited. If I didn’t have to record the unboxing and showing the kit, I know for certain that I would have had this ripped open and completed within an evening.
The Giant Yarn Pom Pom Kit Contains:
Kit contains a heart-wreath frame, enough super chunky yarn to create your pompoms. 250 grams, ties, and instructions, to make 2 options. The Mammoth giant chunky yarn is un-spun acrylic yarn for knitting with 40mm Knitting needles or your arms.
The only additional items required are sharp scissors and a ruler or measuring tape.
The kits and yarn have been designed exclusively by Andrea of Woolly Mahoosive. These giant yarns are ideal for those wishing to complete a project quickly, you know me! I’m all about high ROI craft projects and arm knitting is super quick. You can whip up a Chunky knit blanket in about 45 minutes!
Why I Went For This Specific Giant Yarn Kit
I didn’t hesitate when I saw this kit, because of the price and the end result, let alone how much fun there is when making it. That means it’s going to be great for you and something that’s really enjoyable. It also makes a great gift idea! There are so many amazing shades of giant yarn for those kits that you would be able to match your home decor easily.
Related: A Pom Pom Wreath Kit For Christmas!
What Makes It Unique?
When it comes to giant knitting, arm knitting and gigantic yarn, it’s not exactly easy to source yarn. Believe it or not. Not without having to spend even more money than our US friends across the pond. The price was getting ridiculous. What I like about these kits is that I don’t have to spend £135 on one skein of yarn! I can just buy a kit for 10% of the price.
Woolly Mahoosive is a bit of a saviour to all chunky yarn lovers based in the UK. Delivery used to be a nightmare and you almost always ended up having to pay an extra £12 on customs and import duties. Now the giant yarn is in the UK! Now you can start making Christmas gifts with a new skill, OR give the kits as gifts!
- This project was very easy to complete despite the fact that I did jump the gun and only attached a pom-pom to one part of the wireframe instead of both. However, I did figure it out quite quickly so I was able to salvage the shape.
- The kit was delivered quickly but the boxes were a little beat up, I’ve expanded upon this below in the con’s section.
- When the project is finished it is extremely fluffy and almost better than petting a long-haired cat, but not quite. I love how fluffy this big heart is and it’s going to look perfect in my hall going up the stairs. The size really works well against the high ceilings!
- Everything you need for the finished piece of home decor is in this kit and it costs less than £15. It’s an unbelievable deal!
- When the boxes were delivered they were a little squished. Now, I don’t actually have a problem with this at all because it was more economical and better for the environment.
- However, if you are giving a kit as a gift, a battered box might not be too impressive. A great idea could be to mark it as a gift upon checkout to ensure safe delivery, even if it’s an upgraded shipping option.
I loved making this wreath and it was very easy to make. I’m also incredibly impressed with how much value you are getting out of this kit. The yarn alone, you would be unable to buy for £13. It would cost much more than that if you were paying by weight from a seller on eBay.
It would also be an amazing gift because you also wouldn’t be able to buy a heart of that size, as a chunky wreath for £13.75. The finished piece alone could go for about £30 if selling via a platform like Etsy or NotOntheHighStreet.