Creating Home Decor Art is one of my favourite crafts to make! It combines several of my favourite things; painting, speediness and ease. Who doesn’t love quick, simple crafts that are beautiful?! Today’s crafty project would make a great gift idea for Mother’s Day, whether you’re a kiddo or a grown up.
This would even make an excellent project for teachers to do with kids, but as a card to give to Mum instead of an easel. The mini easel used is very popular for wedding events, so you can source plenty of them but it could get expensive, depending on your class size of course.
Can You Make Your Home Decor Art In Under 15 Minutes?
The Written Tutorial:
Make a marvellous mini 3D canvas using a few simple supplies!
- Paint Canvas and allow to dry
The first step is to paint your canvas. Grab either a pink paint marker or some bright pink paint and start adding colour to your canvas.
Start adding some white paint so your canvas doesn't end up monotone.
Allow your canvas to try because the next step is using the glitter glue! So, ideally, the glitter glue will add a pretty sparkly sealant over the top of your paint. You don't want to mix the glitter and the paint because sometimes the glitter doesn't actually show through.
- Apply The Glitter Glue and allow to dry
For added visual interest, don't just paint the glitter glue. You can use these like pens to add dimension as well as texture to your art.
- Adhere The Flower To The Canvas
Using one Bostik Foam Pad, remove the backing so you can stick it to the base of the flower. Be sure to press firmly, otherwise, it could fall off the canvas.
Peel of the back of the foam pad, lift the petals of the flower and position in the centre. Press firmly behind the canvas onto the foam pad and via the centre of the flower.
- Stick The Canvas To The Easel
By using strips of microdots, you will be able to ensure complete coverage of the leg. Doing this will stick the wood from the legs to the wood of the canvas frame and it will be extra secure.
Due to the way the canvas is folded around the base of the frame, it would be too bumpy for the dots to get a grip on the canvas. Which is why I chose to use the legs for support.
Of course, in between your paint and glitter glue you will need to allow a little drying time. You can always use a hair dryer to speed up the process. I know I told you that in the DIY but I thought I’d play it safe and remind you!
Keep Crafting Home Decor Art:
- Essential Oil Diffuser, Best Way To Make Your Home Smell Delightful
- 25 Excellent Easy Paper Flower Tutorials Directory!
- Easily Improve Your Handwriting As An Adult! + Practice Sheets
- 6 Ways To Use Personalised Ribbon To Wow Every One You Know!
- These Are THE 7 Font Design Trends For 2020!
- Top Gift Ideas For Christmas That’ll Make Her Lose Her Mind!
- Want Discount Furniture? This Is What You Need To Know Before You Buy
- This Is The Easiest DIY Duck Tape Bow You Could Possibly Make
- 5 Eye-Popping Gift Packaging Ideas For Christmas!
- Exclusive! Best Black Friday Deals For Heart Handmade UK Crafters
This is a “sponsored post.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to write it. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”