I love learning how to make a paper flower or two and these peonies are perfection!
They make stunning decor on your mantle and they’re so impressive. Especially since they are made using printer paper!
I’ve actually created some crepe paper versions of this flower and they turned out amazingly well, so I will make sure to share those pictures with you.
It’s no secret that I love pretty flowers so today I am so flipping excited to share this awesome paper peony tutorial video from Dreamy Posy.
How To Make A Paper Flower From Printer Paper + Template
What you will need:
- Plain white printer paper like this stuff
- This kind of Green paper
- Chalk pastels like these work well.
- Tissue paper similar to this
- Ball stylus <— specifically for flowers
- Wire 20 & 26 gauge
- Translucent tubing
- Green floral tape
- Glue gun and glue sticks
Download The How To Make A Paper Flower Template:
If you love this tutorial as much as I do don’t forget to pin using the super easy buttons on the left! It helps to spread the word and allows us to create more free tutorials and templates for you.
Every share is greatly appreciated!
For the how-to, I’ll let Va from Dreamy Posy take over.
How To Make A Paper Flower:
1. Cut a strip of paper 20cm by 2cm and colour it to make the peony stamen.
2. Fold the stamen cut about half way through to make a fringe, roll between your hands to soften the stamen and then glue the stamen to the 20 gauge wire.
3. Using the Dreamy Posy free template cut out your pretty flower petals. Colour the petals and soften again using your hands.
Note that the inner leaves will have less colour that the outer leaves, I like to leave white space at the tops of the petals as follows 0.5cm on the inner petals, 1cm & 1.5cm middle and outer petals.
4. Shape the petals with your hands and glue the bottoms to form little bowl shaped petals.
5. Glue the petals to the stamen.
6. Cut the sepals with the free template and use the ball stylus to shape them.
7. Cut 2 small leaves and along with the sepals glue to the bottom of the flower.
8. Place the clear tubing over the stem of the flower, glue in place and wrap with the green floral tape.
For the bud:
1. Make a ball from the tissue paper and glue to the 20 gauge wire.
2. Cut out the bud petals and sepal, using the ball stylus to round these petals and sepals.
3. Glue everything together, don’t forget to include 2 small leaves.
4. Lastly, cover the stem with the plastic tubing, glue in place and cover with floral tape.
For the leaf:
1. Cut the leaves out using the free template. Using the red pastel lightly colour the leaves.
2. I like to use a set of scissors to score along the midrib of the leaf.
3. Glue the leaves to the 26 gauge wire and wrap the wire with floral tape.
4. Make a small cut in the plastic tubing of the stem and insert the leaf stem.
Add to a vase or use in your flower arrangements.
Thank you so much to Dreamy Posy for this fabulous video tutorial and template and for taking the time to put everything together.
The peonies look so fantastic that I’m now super inspired to try this out right now.
If you liked this post please pin and share using the share buttons along the side.
What other flowers would you like to see made?
Let us know in the comments below and we will do our upmost to create new video tutorials and free templates.
- 16 Sensational DIY Pencil Case Tutorials To Make This Weekend!
- Super Easy Paper Cutting Tutorial, Perfect For Beginners
- Paper Quilling Art For Beginners In 9 Easy Shapes
- How To Make A Superhero Mask + 1 Superb Printable Template
- 17 Ingenious Storage Solutions For Your Stunning Craft Room!
- 6 Free Printable Butterfly Clipart Pages