If you’re in need of inspiration or just wanted to learn how to make an advent calendar, you are in the perfect spot! Christmas is one of my favourite seasons, ever.
Inspired by a riot of colour, quirky scrapbook collections and the most delicious chocolate on planet earth! I decided to make an advent calendar that I could hang on the vintage door that I use in my home office. You could easily hang a similar version on a wall, you just have to adjust the command hooks accordingly!
How To Make An Advent Calendar That Wows Everyone Who Sees It!
Watch the video or print your tutorial!
A beautiful, unique way to add a little whimsy into your Christmas advent calendar this year!
- Maggie Holmes Embellishments
- Crate Paper Festive Collection
- Thickers Number Stickers (Lots of Shades)
- Journal Cards
- Large Scrapbooking Gift Tags
- Glue Runner
For Hanging The Display:
- Your hands!
- Start arranging scrapbook paper, chocolate bars, alphabet stickers (numbers), embellishments and gift tags.
- Have a lot of fun and play around with composition! If you feel confident enough, you could work on more than one card at a time.
- Once the card is designed, use strong double-sided tape or glue dots to attach the mini chocolate bars.
- Adhere everything together and continue until you have cards 1-24 complete.
- Take 3M Command hooks and adhere to the wall according to the instructions.
- Hang the super chunky yarn and grab some yarns, paperclips, binder clips etc to hang all of the cards. Obviously, half the fun of an advent calendar is having the numbers all mixed up!
Scroll down for more detailed information.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Start arranging your papers, chocolate bars, and gift tags. Depending on the type of scrapbook supplies that you use, you may need to use a paper trimmer or scissors to cut out tags.
Start to play around with composition and have fun!
Use the glue dots to layer your embellishments and if you want a more 3d effect, use the Bostik Foam Pads. Don’t forget to add the number stickers! When you have designed a gift tag that you like, flip it over and use a Bostik glue dot to secure a bar of chocolate in place.
Use a mini punch and some twine so you can hang it up later. Repeat the process 23 times.
How To Hang The Advent Calendar:
Take the 3m command hooks and add them to your wall, according to the instructions on the packet. Then take the super chunky yarn and secure it to the hooks. You can then start to arrange your gift tags. Mix the numbers up and enjoy yourself!
If you loved this tutorial, I would appreciate some love on the Instagram carousel!
Making an advent calendar is such a fun craft, you can even make it with the kids to make their festive season that more special. My most memorable Christmases involve me, making enough paperchains that you could probably hang them from the lamp posts in the neighbourhood! I loved it.
And try not to eat all of the mini chocolate bars before the first of December!
Go on I dare you.
Start A Tradition:
Now is the perfect time to start a new tradition. I've done it a few times since becoming an adult and getting married.
Each year my husband and I fly through December with the help of Hazelnut cream coffee grounds, a treat that comes around each December. We both get our wee vegan advent calendars every year and my friend comes around to make gingerbread and wear pretty aprons lol!
Making an advent calendar with your kids each year is a perfect tradition to start. If you loved this post, don’t forget to Pin it and share the chocolatey love.