Saving money without a budget is hard. Sometimes it can feel impossible. That’s why I want to show you how to start a budget the easiest way possible, with a free printable 8-page budgeting planner. No longer will we go in with the best of intentions at the beginning of the month, but somehow there isn’t anything left at the end of the month.
A budget gives you a chance to be a bit more proactive. Set aside some money for savings at the beginning of the month, even if it’s just $20.
Put it in the budget as a regular expense, just like you do with your other urgent bills. If you need to, open a separate saving account so you’re not tempted to spend it.
Your budget will keep you on track and help you make sure you’re not spending more than you’re making. And I don’t have to tell you that that’s pretty important for your financial wellbeing!
How To Start A Budget, even if you’re crap with money!
Keeping my budget simple is the most import element about the whole thing. If it weren’t for the simplicity I would have abandoned it long ago! It consists of:
- Main income (every month)
- Any extra or side income
- Bills & Expenses (divided by category & recorded weekly)
- Debt tracking (Monthly)
- Unexpected expenses
- Whatever is left over – divided into savings and discretionary.
Blank Budget Worksheet Printable
This is an EIGHT Page Printable planner including
- Bank Account Tracker
- Bill Payments Tracker
- Yearly Tracker
- Monthly Expenses
- Weekly Expenses
Download your free budgeting printable:
- 4 Budgeting Worksheets To Start Saving Money Like Beyonce
- 11 Genius Bullet Journal Printables Mean ZERO Drawing For You
- 20 Fabulous And Free Spring Printables To Decorate This Season!
Important tips for budgeting with your free planner:
1.When adding your monthly income, deduct taxes first.
2.Include ALL income and ALL expenses. Including any charity donations, insurance payments, phone bill etc. and CATEGORIZE them! It makes it so much easier to track the money.
3. Subtract any expenses from any side hustle income (maybe selling crafts is your side hustle)
4. What do you need to make your household run smoothly? Can you stop paying for some things to save even more money?
5. Include any debt repayments. Add any bills and see if there is any way to pay off debt a little earlier, to keep the interest rates low.
6. Keep using the planner! Print out 12 of the monthly trackers and planners, and 4 weekly trackers each month. At the end of the year, you can compare your first and last month to see the real difference and get an easy overview.
An Excellent Family Budgeting Resource:
A self-paced e-course that helps you learn to create a budget for your family that is simple to follow, learn how to pay off debt fast and help you gain control of your finances!
You can actually get this course AND get 33 money management courses, books, guides, workbooks AND cheat sheets worth $1211.67 for the same price in the Master Your Money Super Bundle!
KISS Me Already
Of course, I’m referring to Keep It Simple Stupid! I made a free budget planning printable that you can use to develop your own household budget strategy without the headache. It’s really simple, thanks to this. Not just that, but it will help you stay on track of your budget and not overspend.
Obviously, every family’s financial situations are different, so I’ve left some options within the planner blank so that you can fill it in.
Important tip for Saving as much money as possible:
Try to automate everything as much as you possibly can. It’s amazing the way you can automate the way you save money with Trim. Trim saves your money AUTOMATICALLY based on your income and spending. Can you believe that Trim users saved over $1,000,000 in the last month?!
Revisit your budget and adjust where necessary
You should review your budget periodically to ensure you’re dealing with money in a smart way. Whether it’s by cutting any unnecessary expenses or switching energy providers to lower your bills, it’s not actually as painful to do as you might think.
Lower your bills and tighten your budget.
Want to lower your bills? AGAIN Trim is an amazing app available in the U.S that negotiates lower bills on your behalf. And you don’t have to do a thing after signing up and adding bill and bank info.
The Savings category inside the Master your Money Super Bundle includes 1 challenge, 2 workbooks and an ebook. My favourite is the Ultimate Money Saving Guide, by Lauren Daly valued at $27.
Lauren shares over 250 tips and tricks to cut your monthly expenses, many which you can do TODAY without sacrificing your quality of life.
>>Click Here To Check Preview The Guide (it’s towards the bottom of the page)<<
Maximize your savings with cash back applications.
It’s not always easy to cut things from your budget so now it’s time to maximize the money that you do save with coupons and cashback.
Sites to help you get the most cash back are as follows:
- Ebates (get $10 credit in your account when you sign up!)
- Swagbucks (it isn’t only for surveys!)
- BeFrugal is another favourite of mine (you get $10 in your account when you sign up)
When You Need To Earn More Money
If you’ve lowered your cost of living but still feel like you need to save more money every month, then you need to make some money. I’m not saying you need to find a new job, there are so many ways to make extra money from the comfort of your own bed!
Here are some of my favourite ways to make extra money:
- Browse these 8 Superb Side Hustle Ideas To Make Extra Cash From Your Bed
- Lose Weight AND Make Money! Pick How Much You Want To Earn AND Start your Healthy Wager today
- In The US? Swagbucks will pay you to use its search engine
- In The UK? Get paid for your internet usage by installing Nielsen on your phone, tablet or your PC
- Get paid to watch Videos online with either Inbox Pounds or InboxDollars.
- Become a freelancer or virtual assistant with Fiverr.
- Sell your old electronics on Amazon.
- Become A Tester! -Start testing websites and sharing your thoughts by using a site like WhatUsersDo. I tend to earn an additional £50 ($70ish) each month doing these tasks. They pay £5 per survey and they’re all around the 15-minute mark.
Ever Considered Starting A Blog?
You can easily start earning some extra cash by starting a blog in a profitable niche (like beauty, parenting, fitness, health and wellness etc). Blogging is not a get rich quick scheme but it can help with a little side income. I recommend launching with 25-50 posts. Don’t panic, >> Here is an example of a business in a box. It’s a batch of 880 fully optimized health and wellness articles. You could have a health and wellness blog by the weekend!
If you have not yet started a blog and want to, or are having trouble with where to start, check out How To Start A Blog The Easiest Way Posible. If you sign up for A2 Hosting with my link you get a free domain,+ 24/7 support and all for only $3.92 a month! You really can’t beat that deal because they’re a 100% carbon neutral company. Which is incredible if you have a conscience and care about the environment!
- How To Make Money Online With Your New Blog (blog post)
- 8 Ways To Supplement Your Income As A Beginner Blogger (blog post)
- Rapid Landing Page Building (Free Mini Course)
- Build A Stellar Website (Webinar + Case Studies)
Discount Codes & Exclusive Offers:
Use the links below to get…
- A2 Hosting (100% Carbon neutral web hosting company): 50% off with code SOFAST!
- MiloTree: This is one smart popup helped me to get 4K Pinterest followers in 30 days! Read more about that here It can be used to grow your newsletter list, Facebook, and others. Try for 30 days FREE.
- Tailwind: this is the backbone of both blogs I own for growing BOTH Pinterest AND Instagram! Try for FREE!