Are you crazy about planner decorating supplies? Want to be?! Or have you recently joined us in the Pretty Planner Printables Club and want to know why it’s only black and white?! Well, it’s because I love love love decorating the pages with colourful pens, stickers, stamps and paperclips.
I like to treat my planner like an extension of an art journal, as well as working in an art journal! I’m going to give a little preview of the past few years of planner decorations that I’ve done and of course, you can have access to the free planner stickers here.
3 Tips To Make The Most Out Of Your Planner Decorating Supplies!
Schedule Planner Use Every Day
After your planner is set up, you then want to make sure you use it every day. You already know about starting a new daily routine, but this isn’t just to check in. It is also important if you want to be more organized and productive with the help of the planner.
Keep forgetting to use your planner? You might need to switch things up, whether that means taking a different approach, printing new planner pages that are more enjoyable for you to use, or getting a little more creative with how it looks.
Add in Fun Stuff Like Colours and Stickers
If you want to be more organized, colour coding is highly recommended. Think about the difference between having a calendar in all black pen, or having different colours for different types of events.
This really helps your entire planner to be organized and easy to spot the various plans, tasks, or to-do lists.
Stick to Just One Planner for Everything
One more thing to remember is that you might want to stick to just one planner for everything. While there are planners for specific things, many people benefit from just one.
If you use multiple planners, there is often overlap. Your finances is related to your budget and savings, work, and family life. If you had different planners for each of these things, you would be repeating the same information in each one.
My Favourite Supplies by type:
Staedtler 0.3 mm Triplus fineliner set of 42 – all colours
Sakura gelly rolls:
Markers & Highlighters
- Paper Mate Flair Blister Pack Pens, Tropical Edition Set of 16
- Or Paper Mate Flair – Original
- Check Out the Best Highlighter Pens reviewed here
You can’t go wrong with the Emily Ley sticker book, or even some of the colourful printable stickers available for free, here on the blog. For even more sticker goodness, become a beautiful Tropical Fish in The Pretty Planner Printables Club and access almost 100 sticker collections in the back catalogue!
Label Makers and machines you might need
- Xyron sticker maker (is useful if you print out stickers on regular paper or buy paper ephemera or die cuts)
- Printable sticker paper (use this if you download the stickers inside the club or download the free stickers here)
- Cricut machine (my favourite machine for cutting out printable stickers!)
- Sizzix Machine (for using the special rubber stamp and die set featured below).
- You will the black thick mat to use thin dies in this machine.
Rubber Stamps & Ink
- Midori organizational stamp kit (I love the clock stamp, perfect for time blocking!)
- Bella Creations – Planner Stamps Clear Stamp Set (if you’ve never used these types of stamps before; they’re unmounted so you will need to use a stamp block )
Favourite places to shop:
- Etsy for custom printable planner supplies, stickers, rubber stamps, and washi tape
- Blitsy – for all Planner Decorating Supplies
- Emily Ley – Gorgeous Planner Accessories!
- Craftie Charlie on eBay – for scrapbook embellishments and stickers
- Amazon or eBay for basic desk supplies and tools
Now that I’ve shown you some of the best planner decorating supplies around, you will be able to decorate your planner beautifully!
If you have any questions about decorating your planner, go ahead and drop me an email using the little box at the bottom of your page.