Today I’m going to share a little DIY tutorial along with free printable butterfly clipart! You may have already seen this project as part of the Free Handmade Happy, Craft magazine but I wanted to update the way the downloads were shared. After creating a PDF for the Digital Craft Freebies Library.
I decided to add another little project idea in there so go below and download. I had so much fun creating this tutorial for you, and what I liked most, was the fact that it was simple to do. So let’s get on it!
Free Printable Butterfly Clipart!
What do you think of those fabulous crochet garlands I have hanging up? The granny square garland was made by the gorgeous Ayda of cafenohut blog and the little crochet heart garland was created by Manuela from Bleu et Rose who owns the beautiiful dawanda store.
I love using my wall to stick up all my favourite products, embellishments, magazine tear-outs and anything that inspires me. It might need to be repainted soon but it keeps me happy and constantly inspired. Shall we get started?
For this Free Printable Butterfly Clipart Project you will need:
- Vellum sheets (to fit in your printer)
- Butterfly Clipart
- InkJet Printer
- Sharp Scissors
- White Tac (the white version of blue-tac depending on the colour of your walls) Or
- Embroidery Hoop and Sewing Thread for a mobile
- Washi Tape
This tutorial is such a simple project to do! Just download the clipart, choose your favourite butterflies and print out on the vellum. I printed 3 pages of butterflies then chose my favourite mix of colours to put on the wall.
After You Print The Free Printable Butterfly Clipart
When you have cut your butterflies out, bend the wings gently on each side of the butterfly body to make it ‘3d’. Attach your white tac to the underside of the body and stick to your wall! Done and done!
I like to keep projects simple and there are plenty of great projects in the magazine from the lovely ladies.
If you liked this project you may want to check out the regular Craft Cafe series that we host here. More fabulous ladies to inspire you and keep you busy this summer.
- 5 Easy Tips To Stay Organized At Home Easily
- 16 Sensational DIY Pencil Case Tutorials To Make This Weekend!
- Happy Birthday, CreateRoom Sale! Freebies & Discounts
- Super Easy Paper Cutting Tutorial, Perfect For Beginners
- Paper Quilling Art For Beginners In 9 Easy Shapes
- How To Make A Superhero Mask + 1 Superb Printable Template